Safeguarding Children and Young People from Harm or Neglect
All staff who work at Ash Green Primary School and all regular visitors/parent volunteers/visiting teachers are committed to safeguarding children and young people and to protecting them from harm or neglect. All staff and visitors must have a criminal conviction (DBS) check and the school maintains comprehensive records of these checks. OFSTED also examines these records to ensure that the school is complying with regulations. We take this role very seriously.
All staff in school must, every three years, receive statutory training on child protection.
Our designated child protection officers are:
- Jodie Cope (Head Teacher and Designated Safeguarding Officer)
- Alice Worthington (Deputy Head Teacher and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Officer)
- Charlotte Bishop (Assistant Head Teacher and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Officer)
- Jacqui Jarvie (SENDCo and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Officer)
- Katie Price (Home/School Link Worker and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Officer)
If you are worried about a child or young person and think they may be the victim of neglect or abuse is 01782 235100 (Stoke on Trent Safeguarding Children Board).
The following documents will also provide you with additional information:
For more information about how we safeguard children against radicalisation, please click here to visit our Prevent Strategy page.