Some of you will be staying at home in your ‘bubble’ and others are continuing in school this week in their ‘bubble’.
Wherever you are we hope you ‘Stay Safe in Your Bubble’.
If you have any queries, please contact Miss Bullock at firstname.lastname@example.org or Miss Zimmer at email@example.com (weekdays between 8.30am-3pm)
We love seeing your home learning photos and videos (see further down), please keep them coming!
Hi Everyone, I know how much you enjoy our Open the Book assemblies. We haven’t been able to have them recently have we? So… Reverend Stone and the Open the Book team decided that they would make a Zoom version. So here’s the Open the Book version of Jesus and the Storm. The story has the wonderful theme of Peace. Why don’t you send in your thoughts about it? You could paint a picture to go with it or write a poem or just tell us which was your favourite bit. I hope you all enjoy it.
Love from Miss Moss
Timetable – Week commencing 6th July 2020: Year 3 – Summer Week 12 Timetable – Home Learning and School Timetable (wc 6th July 2020)
You can use this timetable to support your home learning – any resources included in this timetable are located in the relevant section of the Year 3 Home learning page (see below).
Please remember that these are just suggestions of how you might structure the day.
We hope that you have lots of fun and enjoy your learning!
Friday: you can find this week’s challenges here:
Writing – Subordinate Conjunctions and Conjunctions
You may find the following document useful: SPAG Handbook for Parents
Monday: NHS PowerPoint and Quiz
Reading booklet wc 6th July 2020 – Reading booklet
Spelling PowerPoint: Spellings wc 6th July
Spelling Shed – https://www.spellingshed.com/
Ideas to practice spellings – Word Work Activities
Mental Maths –
PSHE & Wellbeing –
Extra Wellbeing ideas:
Cosmic Kids Yoga – https://www.cosmickids.com/
Go Noodle – https://www.gonoodle.com/
Wider Curriculum –
Monday & Tuesday – Computing
Wednesday – French
Can you draw a picture of you and label it with the body parts you know?
You could do one of your face and one of your whole body.
Thursday – Art
Create a piece of work inspired by the artist Andy Warhol
Find out about the Pop artist Andy Warhol.
Can you design your own soup can?
Are you inspired to create a different piece of food pop art?
Why not have a go at this challenge? – School Games – KS2 Physical Challenge
Check out some of Year 3’s great home learning!
Here’s Liam reading his SUPER story!
General (useful websites and activities):
- My Maths homework website: https://login.mymaths.co.uk/ (you can access all activities, even if your teacher hasn’t set them as homework)
- Timestable Rockstars website: https://play.ttrockstars.com/
- Hit The Button game (rapid recall of Maths facts): https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
- Practise your times tables using these quick tests: Ultimate-Times-Tables-Tests-Year-3
- Times Table Booklets: x4-Weekly-Booklet x6-Weekly-Booklet x7-Weekly-Booklet x8-Weekly-Booklet x9-Weekly-Booklet x12-Weekly-Booklet
- Phonics: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
- Free access to e-books https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/#
- Reading pack: Reading – The Nature and Animal Realm
- Reading Eggs currently offer a 30-day free trial: https://www.readingeggs.co.uk
- Daniel Radcliffe reads the first chapter of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone Stone, as part of Harry Potter At Home. Look out for more special video readings in the upcoming weeks: https://www.wizardingworld.com/chapters/reading-the-boy-who-lived?utm_medium=fb&utm_source=wbstl&utm_campaign=hpah-video-chap1
- Writing pack: ideas for writing at home Writing Pack
- Spelling Shed homework website: https://play.edshed.com/ (you can also access Maths Shed activities using this login)
- Year 3 spellings: Year 3 Spelling Word Mat
- Grammar work-out: My Mixed Grammar Workout Year 3
- Ideas to practice spellings: Word Work Activities
- Spelling Shed: https://www.spellingshed.com/
- Dr Chips’ Daily Dose of Science, Engineering & Technology activities to try at home https://drchips.weebly.com/#
- WOW Primary Science activities and links https://wowscience.co.uk/
Physical Activities & Well-being
- Cosmic Kids Yoga: https://www.cosmickids.com/
- Go Noodle: https://www.gonoodle.com/
- Ideas for exercising https://www.nhs.uk/change4life/activities
- BBC Super-movers https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers
- Well-being daily worksheets: Well-being journal 1 Well being journal 2 Well-being journal 3 Well-being journal 4 Well-being journal 5 Well-being journal 6 Well-being journal 7 Well-being journal 8 Well-being journal 9 Well-being journal 10