If you have any queries, please contact Miss Bullock at email@example.com or Miss Zimmer at firstname.lastname@example.org (weekdays between 8.30am-3pm).
We love seeing your home learning photos, keep them coming!
Happy Easter Holidays!
Check below for some fun ideas.
Free Easter Home Learning Activity Pack – https://tpet.co.uk/downloads/lower-key-stage-two-ks2-easter-home-learning-activity-pack-1/
Art for Kids Hub has some fantastic drawing tutorials! Check them out over the Easter Holidays and send us a picture of your creations. Why not try the Sonic or Elsa tutorials below:
Over the Easter Holidays why not create a time capsule? – 2020 Covid-19 time capsule sheet
Fun maths ideas –
Daily maths –
Each day White Rose uploads a new video, alongside worksheets (with answers provided) for you to do with your child.
If you haven’t been following then please start from Week 1 Lesson 1 on the link above. Here is an example of each day:
Science – Plants
Click the web links, pictures and videos below and do your own research about plants.
Then have a go at some of the activities below.
Why not have a go at one of the following science experiments at home?
- My Maths homework website: https://login.mymaths.co.uk/ (you can access all activities, even if your teacher hasn’t set them as homework)
- Timestable Rockstars website: https://play.ttrockstars.com/
- Hit The Button game (rapid recall of Maths facts): https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
- Practise your times tables using these quick tests: Ultimate-Times-Tables-Tests-Year-3
- Times Table Booklets: x4-Weekly-Booklet x6-Weekly-Booklet x7-Weekly-Booklet x8-Weekly-Booklet x9-Weekly-Booklet x12-Weekly-Booklet
- Phonics: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
- Free access to e-books https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/#
- Reading pack: Reading – The Nature and Animal Realm
- Reading Eggs currently offer a 30-day free trial: https://www.readingeggs.co.uk
- Writing pack: ideas for writing at home Writing Pack
- Spelling Shed homework website: https://play.edshed.com/ (you can also access Maths Shed activities using this login)
- Year 3 spellings: Year 3 Spelling Word Mat
- Grammar work-out: My Mixed Grammar Workout Year 3
- Ideas to practice spellings: Word Work Activities
- Spelling Shed: https://www.spellingshed.com/
- Dr Chips’ Daily Dose of Science, Engineering & Technology activities to try at home https://drchips.weebly.com/#
- WOW Primary Science activities and links https://wowscience.co.uk/
Physical Activities & Well-being
- Cosmic Kids Yoga: https://www.cosmickids.com/
- Go Noodle: https://www.gonoodle.com/
- Ideas for exercising https://www.nhs.uk/change4life/activities
- BBC Super-movers https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers
- Well-being daily worksheets: Well-being journal 1 Well being journal 2 Well-being journal 3 Well-being journal 4 Well-being journal 5 Well-being journal 6 Well-being journal 7 Well-being journal 8 Well-being journal 9 Well-being journal 10
- Gardening for children – YouTube videos
- Crayola/Colouring4Kids – Free colouring pages to print
- Disney – Online colouring
- Kidztype – Games to improve typing skills
- Learning with Lego – Lesson plans – YouTube video
Natural Disasters Links:
Homework Gnome – for all your topic homework
In Year 3, your child will cover some core learning areas of history and geography. For many of these topic-areas, you’ll find top facts, timelines, did you knows, pictures, videos and more, in the Homework Gnome. Why not check out the following:
- The Roman Empire
- Roman life and culture
- The Anglo-Saxons
- The Vikings
- The Tudors
- Queen Elizabeth I
- Pyramids and mummies
- Egyptian life and culture
- The parts of the body
- Keeping healthy
- Plants and growth
Classroom Secrets: free home learning packs (maths, SPaG, Reading) Year 3 Home Learning Pack
Teacher’s Pet Learning Pack: https://tpet.co.uk/downloads/tag/home-learning