Please keep checking this page as it will be updated regularly with new learning activities. Thank you 🙂
Here are a variety of links and activities to support Year 2 pupils and parents when learning at home. If you have any queries, please contact Mrs Tunnicliffe at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mrs Firkins at email@example.com (weekdays between 8.30am-3pm).
Alternative /m/ spelt mb (lamb, crumb, climb, thumb)
Check out the video and activity below:
2A sentences are also known as expanded noun phrases. Year 2 have been using these in their descriptions and know that you must use 2 adjectives and a comma in between. For example; The dog had a cold, wet nose.
Similes are also used when describing. These sentence types add extra detail to our sentences by comparing and also use adjectives. For example; He raced off as fast as a lion. or He raced off like a lion.
Earlier on in the year we started to look at human and physical features in geography and we explored what features we can see in Stoke on Trent. Using the Katie Morag stories compare and contrast the Isle of Struay to Trentham. How does life differ for Katie? What is life like on the island for her? Please see below for some activities to complete at home.
Activity 1 – What is on the Isle of Struay
Activity 2 – Isle of Struay buildings
Why not study an artist? Henri Rousseau was a French painter who didn’t learn how to paint until the age of 40.
Read the following to find out facts about the artist as well as how to draw a toucan and create a piece of artwork in the style of Rousseau.
Homework Gnome – for all your topic homework
In Year 2, your child will cover some core learning areas of history and geography. For many of these topic-areas, you’ll find top facts, timelines, did you knows, pictures, videos and more, in the Homework Gnome. Why not check out the following:
- My Maths homework website: https://login.mymaths.co.uk/ (you can access all activities, even if your teacher hasn’t set them as homework)
- Timestable Rockstars website: https://play.ttrockstars.com/
- Hit The Button game (rapid recall of Maths facts): https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
- Phonics: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
- KS1 comprehension texts The lion and the mouse Easter Developing reading skills
- Spelling Shed homework website: https://play.edshed.com/ (you can also access Maths Shed activities using this login)
- Creating a Space Story: Portait – Lined – Space Page Borders Space Display Cut Outs Space Story Word Mat Space Story Writing Checklist Story Genres Display Posters Pack Story Mountain
- Sound Collector Poetry The Sound Keeper Poetry PowerPoint The Sound Keeper Poem Questions & Answers The Sound Keeper Poem
- Dr Chips’ Daily Dose of Science, Engineering & Technology activities to try at home https://drchips.weebly.com/#
- WOW Primary Science activities and links https://wowscience.co.uk/
- Cosmic Kids Yoga: https://www.cosmickids.com/
- Go Noodle: https://www.gonoodle.com/
- Ideas for exercising https://www.nhs.uk/change4life/activities
- BBC Super-movers https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers
- Journals and activities wellbeing-journal-1 wellbeing-journal-2 wellbeing-journal-3 wellbeing-journal-4 wellbeing-journal-5 wellbeing-journal-6 wellbeing-journal-7 wellbeing-journal-8 wellbeing-journal-9 wellbeing-journal-10