Here are a variety of links and activities to support Year 1 pupils and parents when learning at home. If you have any queries, or just want to show us what you’ve been up to or keep in touch, please contact Miss Shacklady at firstname.lastname@example.org or Mr Wignall at email@example.com (weekdays between 8.30am-3pm).
Scroll down to the bottom of the page to see what your classmates have been up to!
The Twinkl School Closure Resource Packs make it as stress-free as possible for parents to teach their children from home. All of the worksheets, activities and games have simple instructions and are easy to download and use at home. Visit www.twinkl.co.uk/offer using their free access code: PARENTSTWINKHELPS
- NEW Super daily tasks https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-1/
- My Maths homework website: https://login.mymaths.co.uk/ (you can access all activities, even if your teacher hasn’t set them as homework)
- Hit The Button game (rapid recall of Maths facts): https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
- Phonics: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
- Lots of e-books in all different genres https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/
- Spelling Shed homework website: https://play.edshed.com/ (you can also access Maths Shed activities using this login)
- Mixed Grammar workout y1
- Common Exception Words
- Level 5 Sound Families Mat
- Level 5 Sounds Mat
- NEW Y1 SPaG handbook from Miss Worthington SPAG Handbook Year 1
- Dr Chips’ Daily Dose of Science, Engineering & Technology activities to try at home https://drchips.weebly.com/#
- WOW Primary Science activities and links https://wowscience.co.uk/
- Search on twinkl for KS1 animals and plants activities
Physical Activities & Well-being
- Go Noodle: https://www.gonoodle.com/
- Cosmic Kids Yoga: check this out for free on YouTube or download the app at https://www.cosmickids.com/
- Ideas for exercising https://www.nhs.uk/change4life/activities
- BBC Super-movers https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/supermovers
Miss Shacklady and Mr Wignall have tried the ‘socks in the box’ 60 second challenge and achieved the silver award. Can you beat them?
Check out our Facebook page each day at 3pm for story time with a member of the Ash Green team. Miss Shacklady has read one of her favourites, Winnie the Pooh by A.A.Milne. I wonder who will be reading tomorrow?…
Activity ideas for after each story:
- discuss which was your favourite character/ part and why using the word ‘because’
- remember and compare other similar books you have read. For example, other books with bears in (Paddington) or that take place in a wood (The Gruffalo).
- writing a summary of the story and drawing illustrations- use your sound and word mats
- making up your own story based on this (change what the main character does/ where they go, add your own character). Say your sentence before you write it and use a full stop followed by a capital letter.
We miss you very much and hope that you are happy at home. We will see you soon.