What we say about History at Ash Green Primary Academy…
“Learning about the Victorians was great! We learned all about Queen Victoria and how strict she was!” – George, Year 3
“We made models of the Titanic, we also watched videos of how it was built and how it crashed.” – Lucie, Year 2
“We’ve been learning about Ancient Egypt. They used hieroglyphics and we even wrote some of our own.” – Sam and Iris, Year 4
Essence of History
At Ash Green Primary Academy we want our children to have a coherent knowledge and understanding of Britain’s past and that of the wider world. We want to equip pupils to be able ask perceptive questions, think critically, weigh evidence, sift arguments and develop perspective and judgement.
What should we see children doing?
- Know and understand history of islands
- Know and understand significant aspects of the history of the wider world
- Understand historical concepts such as continuity and change, cause and consequence
- Understand methods of historical enquiry
- Gain historical perspective
Each History topic is firmly centered around an individual key concept, i.e. ‘Curiosity’, ‘Power’, which links back to our core values.
See the document below for the full coverage.