At Ash Green, our curriculum is ever evolving, reflecting the needs of our current children and context. As an outward facing academy, we are proud of our ability to cherry pick from a range of research and effective practice, as a result, our Ash Green curriculum is bespoke and unique. Our team are empowered to think imaginatively about the most effective ways to ensure children have relevant knowledge, skills and understanding within a broad and balance curriculum. We are deeply aware that children only get one chance at their primary education and our ethos and values reflect our commitment to ensuring that all children reach for the highest levels of personal achievement and development.
We want our children to have awe and wonder about the world we live. We believe that essential tools for this are: a thirst for knowledge, confidence to learn new skills and a critical mind that empowers us to problem solve, collaborate and communicate. Our Academy values underpin our curriculum. These are our values:
We do this by providing children with a rich spine of literature that enables children to make links to other areas of learning across the curriculum as well as life experiences. We want our children to understand that learning is a gift. We want children to make sense of the world and engage actively within their own and other communities, celebrating heritage.
Ash Green children are entitled to:
- Make sense of ourselves and our place in the world through our school values.
- Celebrate who I am as an individual, and who we are as a community.
- Have an active voice in school life and curriculum experiences.
- Work and learn alongside children who we would not usually meet.
- Take charge of our own learning by devising our own questions for exploration.
- Have opportunities to make mistakes and learn from them.
- Be a critical thinker.
- Learn without limits.
- Take part in visits that help us to understand other places, other people, other times in history and others faiths and beliefs.
- Flourish in their own talents.
- Read and enjoy a range of literature.
- Have the opportunity to be expressive through art, dance, music and drama.
- Take part in competitive and co-operative sports and physical activities.
- Have fulfilled our ‘50 memories to keep’ by the time they leave Ash Green.
If you would like more information about our curriculum, get in touch with your child’s class teacher.