Safeguarding and Child Protection Procedures – who to contact
You may be concerned about a child or young person. You may or may not know them, or even their name. Child protection is everyone’s responsibility. Abuse can take many different forms such as:
- Sexual abuse;
- physical abuse; or
- emotional abuse.
Don’t assume that someone else will take responsibility and make that telephone call. You could help to save a child’s life.
If a Parent, carer, visitor to Ash Green Primary Academy has a concern about a child at Ash Green Primary Academy please do the following:
Contact the main academy office on 01782 658977 and ask to speak to one of the designated members of staff as you have a safeguarding concern.
You will then be put in contact with one of the following members of staff:
- Jodie Cope (Head Teacher and Designated Safeguarding Officer)
- Alice Worthington (Deputy Head Teacher and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Officer)
- Charlotte Bishop (Assistant Head Teacher and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Officer)
- Jacqui Jarvie (SENDCo and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Officer)
- Katie Price (Home/School Link Worker and Deputy Designated Safeguarding Officer)
This member of staff will talk to you further about your concerns and take actions appropriately which could mean contacting Stoke on Trent Safeguarding Board for advice and referral.
Members of the public can also contact Stoke on Trent Safeguarding Board with concerns :
If you think a child or young person is in immediate danger telephone 999
If a child or young person is at risk of significant harm contact the
- Safeguarding Referral Team Telephone 01782 235100 (out of hours 01782 234234)
You can call someone in Stoke-on-Trent to help if you are worried about a child or young person and think they may be a victim of neglect or abuse.